ADVISORY: (Temporary Limitations of our Spidertext System)
2/20/18: We apologize for any inconvenience this is causing. Spidertext is temporarily unavailable due to a fire in the server rooms of our facility in the Philippines. Our technicians are working around the clock to restore the service from our backup system. We will be broadcasting when the service comes back up. We profusely apologize and thank you for your understanding.
UPDATE 2/21/18: Our technicians are still working around the clock to get everything back to 100% normal. They have restored the system partially so you can now send messages to the Philippines using one of our access numbers +15512085920. Please send your commands and messages to this access number in the meantime while other access numbers are being restored. We will update this website and also send a broadcast when everything is 100% ok. Thank you for your patience. - Spidertext Staff
What is the Spider Network?
The Spider Network is a way to send cellphone text messages from the U.S to the Philippines (and vice versa) at cheaper local rates. By avoiding direct sending of SMS (text message) internationally the sender (whether in the U.S. or Philippines) will save a lot!
How does it work?
How much does it cost? How much will I save?
The cost of sending SMS messages will vary because of different cellphone carriers and plans, but using the Spider Network will still save you money in the following ways:
- Five Cents ($0.05) Per Message (US to/from Phil.):
When you send/receive a message between the U.S. and the Philippines using the Spider Network, your cost is only 5 cents/message plus your carrier's inexpensive local text rate, as opposed to as much as 25 cents with other carriers.
One Peso (P 1.00)Per Message (Phil. - US):
When your family, relatives & friends reply to you from the Philippines using the Spider Network, they will be charged at local rates (usually 1 peso) instead of international rates (a whopping 15 pesos!!!)
- Other fees: A one-time activation fee of $10 charged when you buy your first spider load.
What are the other benefits (besides the inexpensive text rates)?
Why should I use Spider Network?
- Convenience: Communicate with loved ones in the Philippines using your cellphone, instead of waiting to go home and logging on to the internet (to email & Instant Message). No need to use 2 cellphones and buying load from the Philippines.
- Mobility & Speed: You have your cellphone with you most of the time but you don't have access to your email or IM all the time. Urgent messages or just a quick "hello" can be sent immediately.
- Cost: Spider Network uses leading edge technology that takes advantage of cheaper local text messaging rates rather than costly direct international rates, saving you a lot of money. And unlike other carriers, we do not charge monthly payments.
- Others: Keep in touch with family, relatives & friends more frequently & affordably, instead of very expensive voice call once a month.